Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Monday, December 13, 2004

At Least My Students Think I'm Pretty...

My students can sometimes tell me the greatest things, even if it comes across as a bit strange or takes a while to get out.

Case in point today, one of my students out of the blue said to me "Teacher. Olivia. Nose." I had no idea what she meant, if "Olivia nose" was Konglish or what. Then she repeated herself, and placed her index finger straight up on her nose, confusing me even further.

Finally, after the student dragged the Korean teacher over and talked to her, the Korean teacher told me she wanted to tell me that I have a nose that looks like Olivia Hussey's (from the 1968 movie Romeo and Juliet).I could only wish the rest of me looked like her.

I love it. She paid enough attention to someone's nose to be able to compare it to mine. Maybe if I wore my hair up, I'd soon find someone insisting my ears are just like Cameron Diaz's!

I dyed my hair a dark red color just for a change, earlier this year. Unfortunately, the dye job lasted about a week and a half, but I liked the color on me a lot. I might one day get brave and try the cut on for size as well. Maybe in Hong Kong. Why not? A new country, a new haircut.

In one class, a student told me I looked like Britney Spears.

But another one said I looked British, whatever that means.

I'm not quite sure if they meant like Ginger Spice (Geri Halliwell)...



or like Austin Powers.