Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I Need Your Help!

Is there a doctor reading my blog?

I'm taking the risk of totally and permanently grossing out (and losing) my male readership, but I am really concerned about what happens to me when I go off the Pill to get my period. I get these super bad splitting headaches which generally do not respond to Advil. (In fact, when I take anything, I usually get sick.) Usually it feels like an ice pick has gone through one of my eyes. Today, after being on the Pill for like 3 months straight, it felt like someone or something was trying to rip the top of my head off, right around my temples. I have never felt this much pain before. I couldn't see straight. I went home openly crying from the pain. If I am physically hurt, I most often never cry.

It is the cruelest joke in the world. I can barely get a regularly-scheduled date, and my own body apparently will now stage a coup against itself when it realizes it has been tricked into feeling pregnant. I feel like the spirit of my mother is haunting my own body. It seems I will be kicked in the ass by my own body on a monthly basis if I go off the Pill, which is something I have been considering anyways. It can;t be that good to always be on them for a long long time, can it?

Anyways, I don't know what to do. When I went to a doctor here, I was hoping for pills and maybe a CAT scan. I got an ultrasound and aromatherapy. That is not a good sign. I just want some answers as to why this is happening to me. Could it be the brand of Pill I am on? Does this mean I need to go off it?

I am not looking for advice really, but if you know anyone who has gone through the same thing as me, please let me know, and let me know how she dealt with it. Ugh...if Hong Kong doctors are going to hand me only essential oils for my problems, I will cry.