Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Friday, December 10, 2004

Whine and Cheese

I am feeling rather blah at the moment. I'm not sure if it has to do with my lack of sleep, the weather, or the quarter tin of cookies I ate during the day today, and the popcorn I had for dinner last night.

It's one of those things where I'm just not sure why I feel grumpy. And it's not so much a grumpy as in "Come over here and I'll bite yer head off," but rather I just want to go retreat to my room now, maybe go to bed or have a good cry or something. I woke up today and found myself running late and then when I went to school, I was told that the classes I thought were cancelled were really not, so I hurriedly prepared a lesson and then went upstairs to find the classroom door was locked and my third year girls were probably at home.

I also got an email from my recruiter asking if I have all my work documents in the mail yet. There was nothing threatening about the letter's tone, as in "You have to have this done by Tuesday, or you have no job," but I just don't want to be the one who is in control of my own fate, and then drop the ball.

Oh, and my dad told me that his early Christmas gift to me is that he will overnight the transcripts to me for under $40. I should be used to this. My dad once gave my brother and I gifts of deodorant and toothpaste for Christmas, a "Practical Christmas," as he called it. It kind of pained me to see that my dad had no real imagination...not that I wanted him to buy me jewelry or a cruise or something expensive like that, but I guess I just appreciate gifts that are bought with some element of thought and surprise put into it, because holidays should be fun.

I guess I just started today off on the wrong foot.

Feh.

Maybe having so little to do is what's making me feel bad. I have too much time to think about stuff.

I really wish I could drop in on someone and just bitch out to them, but everyone I know would be either too busy for it, or maybe start a "I'm more miserable than you are" kind of game, which is no fun.

Anyways, it's the start of the weekend. I'm debating whether to go into town and get a Starbucks coffee and a new blush, but as I feel I've just had nothing but junk food for the last 24 hours, maybe I'll hold off on it. I'm going to hopefully be meeting my friend from Mongolia, as I hope to see her before I hopefully get out of Korea.