Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Worried...

My friend picked the shittiest time to vacation in Sri Lanka.

Massive Quake Hits Southeast Asia

Sri Lanka, India, islands of Thailand (where my friend's boyfriend is most likely vacationing) Indonesia and Malaysia were all hit, some literally with tsunamis. Singapore felt the quake.

I am really worried about her. I hope she can get to a phone or a computer (though now I highly doubt anything will be available to her) to contact someone she knows to let that person know she is OK. Not that I expect CNN to have a special report on whether she specifically is alive and well, but have been reading everything I can on the web and have been watching CNN to see if any new news is being reported. It's just getting me more depressed and anxious, so am now watching Crossing Jordan and reading TVtome.com to put my mind off what's going on in the world. Hope recaps of cheesy 80s shows will do the trick for me.