Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Get Her Drunk and Watch Her Go...

Well, last night was fun. I never did this in high school or college, so I think I'm permitted at least one "Dude, I was so wasted" post. And last night was a lot of fun, meeting up with a friend I hadn't seen since October and meeting his two cool friends from Canada.

What I remember:
  • Stopping one step short of staging an all-out protest when they cut out N*Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" for some crappy-ass hair metal band song. I then proceeded to tell anyone who was listening at my table about my plans for Katy's Last Night in Korea Extravaganza where she would sing in a noraebang any song with the word "Goodbye" in it. 31 days and counting!
  • This led to a trip down memory lane for me and a friend of a friend, where we started talking about all things New Kids on the Block, and she informed me that Justin Timberlake's solo album was actually quite good. (Actually, this post was re-inspired by my just-now trip to the video store, where "Cry Me A River" was on the stereo.)
  • Ice fight with friend's boyfriend.
  • Reporting back every time I came out of the bathroom with a scrawling I had noticed on the bathroom's bulletin board. Maybe it was just a door that over time came to look like a bulletin board. Anyways. Some scrawlings: "American girls are hot!" (Thank you!) "British girls suck dick like a Hoover" (Fascinating!) and "Korean guys have a 'zero-to-hero' complex." (OK, whatever that means!)
  • Professing my current crushes on Tobey Maguire (Friend: "Isn't he 12?") and Topher Grace.
  • Laughing hysterically at my friend's comment that a lot could be said about me moving to Hong Kong. This led to the totally tongue-in-cheek hatching of plan to stage a vigil in front of and to take photos of ex-boyfriend's childhood home.

Oh my.

Well, at least I am not an angry drunk. Just damn loopy...er than normal.