Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Here's My Blog Explosion Testimonial

It seems everyone who has joined this thing has an entry about it in their blog, so here goes:

Now, I am writing this blog mainly to clear out the junk drawer known as my head, and to let out steam and to keep track of my days in Hong Kong when I finally get there, but dammit, a writer likes a little recognition every now and again! It can be a bit disheartening to see that big goose egg next to "Comments" day in and day out.

So, through Snoozebutton Dreams I found out about this site called Blog Explosion* where I could put up my blog and have random strangers come across it as they surf through a collection of other members' blogs. Pretty cool idea. I've seen some strange ones -- mainly company based sites offering PR about their "network solutions." (As an aside, as a former business writer, I hated that term. I never understood what it meant, and thought whoever came up with "solutions" as a descriptive noun sounded like a pompous ass. "I know something and don't want you to know until you pay me for it." Anyways...), but have also seen some really good ones as well.

Anyways, if you have a blog and want people to read your stuff, this is a good way to do it. You get credits for staying on a person's blog for more than 30 seconds (which is harder than it seems when you are sent to a blog about business gizmos) and for every 2 blogs you visit, one reader is guaranteed to come to yours.

You also have the chance to bookmark blogs you like on that site, and rate them. I've had two or three people rate my blog and mine is at an 8. (No, not out of 100, out of 10!) I guess that just goes to prove that even the most mudane worries and stories can be interesting if set in an "exotic" locale. (Wink wink)

So, if you have a blog and want more readership, please click on the Blog Explosion link. If you join through that link, I'll get a referral, which means we'll be able to share traffic. Ahhh...lovely concept!