Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Friday, March 25, 2005

Cough Cough Cough (Ad nauseum)

All I can say is that I am sick of being sick. I feel so much better than I did Monday, but I am so tired of this cough that will not let go of me. It hurts. I wish I could just play a tape recording of me coughing instead of actually going through with it. I just sound really awful half the time. And I've actually pulled some muscle in my arm from coughing so violently. Talk about adding an insult to injury.

The Hong Kong Chinese apparently swear by this mixture of boiling hot Coca-Cola, grated ginger and lemon, to be drunk as a cold remedy. I think you would have to *be* drunk to try that...it sounds awful, but I may get to the point where I will just as soon try anything than hack any more. For now, I'm trying tea and lots of it.

My school has suggested that maybe I should start wearing a mask, but as I already know that I should be extra vigilant in washing my hands and know to not cough out into the open air, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that one. I mean what do I do with it? Cover the mask with my hand when I cough? That just looks dumb and what's the point of the mask then ? Cough into the thing? That doesn't sound very hygienic in the least -- I don't like the thought of germs (and phlegm...yick) being that close to my mouth. I really hope I'll be better after vacation...probably just in time to be sick again.

I met the guy I had mentioned earlier for lunch on Thursday before he took off for his vacation to Europe. It went all right, and we'll probably meet up again when he comes back. I just hope I won't be coughing at that point.