Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Hello Again...

I couldn't resist any longer. There's no one waiting for the computer here so I figured I can afford a few minutes to say I am adjusting to Hong Kong life fairly well, and I got paid yesterday so I'm starting to rebuild my life here. The children I teach are really sweet (for the most part...and will have stories later) but already I feel overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do to make sure my classes are well prepared for. And with it being kindy, a lot of it is repetitive cutting and gluing on my part. While it can get a bit mind-numbing, how bad can a job be when cutting, gluing and pasting is part of your job requirement? :)

I *have* heard stories about my employer and how little sense the management routinely makes, so I'm both feeling a bit wary and a sense of anticipation. Wary cause God only knows what sort of things the teachers will be asked to do, based on other teachers past experiences with the management, but also anticipating the stories that will come from it as anything not killing me will make me stronger or at least give me fodder for a good story.

I want to tell you all about the people I have met who so far seem to be cool. I'm going to try my damndest to limit my time on the computer (especially what with all the planning I have to do) but once I get set up at home I'll update more regularly, but also probably more succinctly.

Till next time!