Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, March 20, 2005

An Interesting Development

About maybe three or so weeks ago I met a guy at this bar I frequent on Fridays and we started chatting. My roommate, whom I was with, was chatting with the others we hang out with, and came over to us every now and again to see how we were and just to join in the conversation before going back to her original spot a few seats over.

Well, unbeknownst to me, the fact that I got this guy to talk to me for that night was a monumental big deal, as in he never speaks that much, he rarely smiles...so that he was doing both while talking to me must mean we were meant to be together. This is coming from a man in his 40s, by the way. He told me later "he talked more that night with you than I have ever seen him talk in the 3 and a half years I have worked with him."

So now there's this gossip going around (though none of it bad -- it just kind of reminds me of middle school) about us and what's going on, blah blah blah. I'm not really sure what to think of this really, cause it seems most of the teasing seems to be about how much *I* like *him* and I wonder where this is coming from.

My roommate went out Friday night and met him and a bunch of others while I stayed home trying to fight off this cold that is coming on and in the midst of other interesting developments (which belong more in my roommate's blog if she has one rather than my own.) she told me in her post mortem that the guy said to her I could have him anytime I wanted, though she added the disclaimer that she didn't know how much he had been drinking at that point. Heh.

So I am not really sure what to do about this, and with this information. It would certainly be a smart move to get to know the guy as a person first. And I would really like to sort out myself how I feel about the guy first and foremost. I really am in no rush to jump into anything.

I just hate this whole fishbowl effect that my well-meaning friends have created. Strangely enough, while I don't mind posting my thoughts about my life on a blog the entire world can see, I do believe my private life should be that when it comes to people I know and interact with on a daily face-to-face basis. So in the real world, I feel almost like my every move with this guy will be well-documented and commented and annotated for posterity's sake and that is a bit unnerving to say the least.