Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Body Combat...The Sport of the Future

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"What do we love?"
"Pain!"

I went into California Fitness yesterday and finally signed myself up for a gym membership and a short stint with a personal trainer. (I still feel I've "gone all Hollywood" with that one, but maybe I'll find it's a worthwhile investment anyways.)

So tonight, as part of my first full day as a member, I went into a Body Combat class, just to try it out.

I really went all out in that class, so much so that on top of my cough (yes, it's still there) I began to wonder at around the 20 minute mark if I was even going to complete the class. But I got through it.

I had quite a bit of fun there, in fact, which I think is a bit scary: I had a great time punching. I had fun kicking. I loved yelling at the top of my lungs. Even when I found the routine included "Kung Fu Fighting."

With the gym right outside my door, I really hope I can manage to stick with this. I definitely would like to tone myself up a bit and lose a little weight, and I'm not going to do that sitting around, of course.