Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Be It Ever So Humble...

Just got back from a co-worker's housewarming party and had a really nice time there. She really knows how to cook and they have this amazing place, in this amazing area, almost like an actual suburan part of Hong Kong. In their house there are all these rugs and knick-knacks from the places they have been, and a lot of pictures of their family and friends and themselves.

In comparison, I think my roommate and I felt like we were still living in college chic style. She did a quick glance over of our colleague's place and told me, "This isn't an apartment. This is a house!" and I looked around, seeing all the shared memories on their shelves and the care that went into making the house liveable, and told her "This isn't a house. This is a home."

I still have ideas for what I would like to do with my house to make it more a home, but I think I'd be better able to do that once I felt that I was settled in somewhere.