Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Question

Is it absolutely wrong to say I don't think I will ever want children? And that my belief is rooted in the job that I have? Imagine...a kindy teacher not wanting kids. That's almost like a mortician absolutely afraid of death.
I just think that the only way I would want a child of my own is if it was guaranteed that they were smart and courteous. I know someone would then tell me that as a parent, it would be *my* responsibility to make sure they grew up smart and courteous, but maybe that is a responsibility I would never want to have.
It was like today all my students were flying off the walls. Even the normally quiet and sweet ones. I generally have some kind of patience, but not at all today. I don't know how others do it.