Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Ehmmmm....

What the hell has happened to my comments section? The link to leave one has all become a funny short blue line.

Anyways, contrary to what Scott suggested, I did not party non-stop through early Saturday morning. I had a bit of a break, and in that break was that lovely thing called work. It actually wasn't that bad a day (after I got into work 10 minutes late cause I was moving in two speeds -- slow and stop -- that morning and then I had to have some coffee from Pacific Coffee.) I didn't have to resort to the Quiet Game once.

Last night, we went out for dinner and then my roommate who had a harder night than I did Thursday left us to go home. We tried to get into a club at Central which supposedly is famous for having Chow Yun Fat as a regular patron, but as we were turned down at the door, we instead went to Wan Chai to a club which apparently is famous for its underage drinkers. Now, I look young, but it was scary how much I felt like Grandma in there. I didn't even want to take a chance on hitting on any of the guys there, if they were at all like the girl a friend of mine overheard in the bathroom: "I *just* turned 17!" she said to no one in particular, all excited she got into the club.

Funnily enough, interspersed with the young kids, there were some...mature guys hanging off to the side. They stuck out like sore thumbs, and I wonder if they were there looking for a lucky break, as in a meeting a naive girl who has just drunk too much vodka that night. That's just sick.

I'm not much for dancing to R and B anyways, but they did play a song I had really liked when I heard it on a commercial in Korea, but didn;t recognize who was singing. Turns out it was Gwen Stefani's "Rich Girl." So now, after eating a required breakfast of grease at McDonald's, I'm trying to download it.