Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

2 a.m. Musings

So in between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. yesterday I became sick with yet another cold. (Good thing about being sick: I don't want to eat anything now. Bad thing: I still am eating stuff when I am not hungry.) It got to be that at 4, I could barely keep my eyes open. So I came home, and literally went to bed around 545 p.m. It's now 2 a.m. and I am wide awake. I smell a sick day coming up in the near future for me.

Oh well. At least I got one thing done: I'm turtle sitting now and took the opportunity of being awake at such a late hour to clean their tank. I'm sure they love me for that. I need to think of some names for these guys, as my friend has neglected giving them one. Quite rightly, she says, "They're just turtles." I'm sure lots of people named their pet rocks though. I'll have to watch them closely over the next month I have them, as they do their turtle thing, and maybe post some pics and if anyone has any suggestions, post them here. ("Lunch and dinner," even with this being China and all is really not all that funny.)

Also while surfing around on my high school's reunion webpage, I saw that I think one of my friends from high school has possibly beaten me (in the secret competition I set up with myself, of course) in the category of who has moved furthest away from our hometown. Sad to say, he's only like a three hour plane ride away from me as well. Curses!

And I have been made into a Sim! Ha ha! My aspiration is knowledge and I have taken a job as a med tech. And already I have missed work twice. (Probably cause Sim Kate somehow knows real life Kate would never set foot in a la-bore-a-tory.)