Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Guys

I've been spending a lot of time hanging out with guys lately and am happy to say I really don't want to date any of them. It might be a good thing to make friends (and peace) with the opposing team, and it's quite a relief to not have to have that sort of pressure there to try to impress them. I got a bit worried when we started talking about dating and I said I never could be friends with my exes no matter how hard I tried and then worried about being judged; my friend then told me he tends to pull disappearing acts on girls he doesn't want to date anymore.

When I realized that didn't change my opinion of him, I felt relaxed, and then made a mental note that yeah, maybe I am just going to only be his friend. And that's great. It's nice to be able to relate to a guy without any pressure to impress.