Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Thank You Ladies and Germs!

Against my better judgment, especially if I am going to enter my blog in any more popularity contests, I am going to share with you some jokes a friend of mine made up, and then invited all his friends to make them up as well. They basically involve Swedes, but please rest assured that no Swedish people were meant to be harmed during the telling of these jokes:

Q: What do you get when you cross a Swede with the Beatles?

A: Volvover Beethoven

Q: What is a Swedish person's favorite song?

A: Bitterswede Symphony

Q: What do you get when you cross a Swedish person with a furniture store?

A: I haven't the slightest Ikea.

(I claim full responsibility for the last one, by the way.)

Now that I think of it, I think these jokes are better after a couple glasses of wine. Anyways, I like these jokes as bad as they are for their awful puns. I love playing around with the English language and it's nice to be with people who share the same interest of torturing others with bad jokes.

Don't forget to tip your waitresses.