Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Friday, August 12, 2005

First Day of School! First Day of School!

Long title: "What a Difference a Few Weeks and a Change of Scenery Make!"

I'm hoping I won't have to eat my words anytime soon (like this whole year), but I think I'm going to have a good working relationship with almost everyone I work with, and the mood just seems different there. I'm sure *my* mood is different there! I know I am a lot happier.

I'm a bit nervous for what will happen when I have to work at my old school (an afternoon class) and work at kindy, cause that already involves a lot of workbook prepping, teaching and correcting, and maintaining 2 different corners in the classroom (English and Math) and prepping song or chant boards for the bulletin boards, and doing everything twice as I have two classes.

But I feel I have support at this new school and I can talk to my head teacher and my coteacher wants to work well with me and help me out. That just makes everything better already 1000 percent.

And I have a few children in my class who already impress me with how well they know English, and little girl, though she doesn't know much English at all, has already won the "I want to smuggle you home in my suitcase" award for just being so damn cute. She prattled on to me, wholly in Chinese this morning, gave *me* a sticker, and everytime she saw me, her face just lit up into this absolutely gorgeous grin.

I really hope this year is better than the last six months. It'll be a lot of work, lots more I think than last year, but I have a good feeling about this.

Stay tuned in the next few days as I will soon be attending an apartment painting party. It will be a lot more fun than it sounds for sure, and if nothing happens to my camera (i.e. gets paint in it) I might just even have pictures later.