Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Monday, August 08, 2005

Starting the Year on the Wrong Foot

I had my first day of work for the new school year at a new site today. I'm really excited about my "new" job; my coteacher seems to be really great and the curriculum I'm going to teach seems an awful lot like the stuff I got used to teaching in Korea.

The only thing, though, is that this afternoon, I was asked to hang up some hallway decorations on the ceiling, and I was almost finished with them all and thinking about going home and then going to the gym or taking a nice long power walk along the bay, when I lost my balance on the chair I was standing on and fell. I went one way and my foot went the other. I went to the doctor, and he said it appears I didn't break anything, but it still hurts like hell. I'm waiting for the painkillers to kick in. (Please disregard any blog entries I might make in the near future tonight. )

So I'm feeling a bit cranky about the whole thing, and I might, as a precaution, take tomorrow off from work.