Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Friday, September 09, 2005

A Deep Breath is Necessary

I just backed myself into a date with the guy I had talked about earlier. He wanted to go see Stomp, I've always wanted to go see that show, I enjoy his company, but before I knew what was going on, he said OK, it's a date. Have to be very careful with this. I know it's only one date but don't want to again risk putting anyone else's feelings before my own. I like him, but I just want friends right now.

I got an email from a guy I must not have said more than 10 words to in all of high school. A pretty nice email. He seemed impressed with what I was doing (Kind of nice to re-read especially as today my kids were off the wall and I had a "What the hell am I doing???" moment) and it's kind of funny as in his profile, he talked about traveling through Europe, something I have always wanted to do.

Funny thing with this guy is that in 10th grade or something, someone called me up pretending to be him and this person was all "I really like you, how'd you like to meet me at the mall this weekend and we could go out." kind of thing. I didn't bite for it, as "his" voice sounded awfully strange and I thought I was being had.

I have to say I respect him emailing me cause there have been other people I have wanted to get in contact with, a former hippie friend turned Air Force Captain (I think) for one, but it's been so long since we last talked, I feel goofy saying anything at all. So good for him for writing me. I'll write him back once my email stops flaking out.