Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Memo From the Desk Of He's Just Not That Into You

I thought I was going to have a real horrible night this evening, and that would have sucked with it being two of my friends' celebrating their birthdays with dinner and drinks. I went out with a friend last night and that was fun, until I got into my bed and realized I can no longer drink 3 large glasses of Coke without suffering some effects. I had a really fitful night's sleep, and then, the does-he-or-doesn't-he guy (OK, I'm sure I know the answer!) decided to message me at 2:15 a.m. asking me the same question that I had asked him a couple days earlier, whether he was going to go to this party or not. His response to my question: "..." Well, not really. There was no ellipsis.

Messaging him is starting to feel like dropping a coin down a dark well. I think the coin reached the bottom, but I have no way of really knowing that for sure. So strange my friends were all convinced he really liked me, but I'm just not reading that. My friend thinks I myself may not like him that much, which could very well be true. I guess I'll just chalk it up to experience and get going.

Thankfully I have a bunch of good friends here and that does include Mr. Dhodh. I just have to keep faith that by being true to myself, I will make it easier for the right guy to come into my life and really knock my socks off.