Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I Need To Know...

Why is it such a pain in the ass for me to get online? The cable company, whose Internet I go through has been telling me for the past week that there is something wrong with the building connection, nothing wrong with my computer. The security guard downstairs tells me he has heard of no other complaints. I'm online now using a very unreliable wireless connection. But that comes and goes and it's not very stable. When I use my LAN connection, the dialogue box tells me x number of packets are being sent, but none are being received and that there is a problem connecting to the default gateway. What the hell does that all mean?

I wonder and I want someone to be honest with me, as the lovely cable people think telling me my computer's shit would cause me to take it personally. With what I have said above, is it my connection's fault, or my computer's? I don't mind coming in to have my computer fixed. I just wish people would be honest with me and not patronize my feelings.