Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Things I Have Learned From My iPod

  • Blur has done some really catchy stuff in their time.
  • I'm not really all that interested in the Beatles early stuff as a collective whole anymore. 1965 onward though is damn cool.
  • The last bit of Abbey Road, the one with all the songs which individually last about 1 minute and change each do not work as well on their own as they do as a collective whole.
  • Pearl Jam also have written some catchy stuff.
  • I also love Paul Westerberg. As a Replacement and on his own. (Damn, I should see if my DVD shop has Singles. That was a pretty cool video in its day, and also had bit parts with Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell. I think they were members of Citizen Dick. Not too sure, but I remember the one scene with Matt Dillon's character showing off his new stereo system to Chris Cornell, and the volume ended up breaking his car windows...)
  • Dare To Be Surprised by The Folk Implosion is a pretty kickin' album.

I am missing my old cassette collection, where I had Definitely Maybe by Oasis and Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend album, and Gin Blossoms' "New Miserable Experience" album. I also want to get some early R.E.M. Murmur, Fables of The Reconstruction, Green. I like Out of Time and Document fine, but not so much from New Adventures in Hi-Fi. Oh well.