Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Friday, November 18, 2005

Another New Addition To My Family

I don't really have anything clever to use for a title, but I have potentially exciting news:

My coworker, who I am going to refer to in here as my Fairy Godsister, heard a couple days ago that I was interested in learning the guitar. So, she being a drummer, told me that she had a guitar that she bought at a thrift store that she hadn't been using and would I like to have it. Haaaaaave it. Naturally, I said yes.

So now I have a guitar, a black six-string acoustic sitting on my bed. And I am going to look at getting lessons for this black six string acoustic guitar this weekend. And then if I get any good, my fairy godsister said I would probably have to be in her band. Once I graduate to my own electric guitar of course, and never mind that maybe just maybe I want to play bass.

I'm already dying to know how to play "Polly" by Nirvana and "I'll Be Back" and "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles, and maybe some stuff by Juliana Hatfield....

The sad thing is I know I am someone who might just be all gung ho about something for like 6 weeks and then decide it's meh. Thankfully if I see that the guitar is gathering dust, I know of a friend who would probably be most likely to serve as my surrogate mother, and I say it like that as I saw her today basically cradling the guitar like a baby, like it was Christmas for her.