Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Am In Love.....

No, not with any blonde guys.

With my guitar. (Sorry to say, not with my guitar teacher!)

This practicing the guitar is going to be really hard, and I know I'm going to need to get myself a strap to hold the thing properly on my lap. but I think it will be worth it. It will so be worth it! My guitar teacher is a pretty cool guy. He's lived in L.A. for 2 years and has played for 12. I'm starting off with picking exercises, and open C scales and he gave me Love Me Tender to practice playing with the scale set. He then told me I'll start off with songs like that and then after a bit I can move on to songs like..." and he started playing "Smells Like Teen Spirit," and I was just so happy and excited for everything I can possibly learn.

I really wish I had done this earlier, because I really hope I can get the hang of this soon, and I really want to know what I am doing. I want to be good, and I think I can be good with practice. I am going to try to practice every day and learn that song and learn the notes so I can play off the top of my head.

My teacher told me I had good rhythm, after doing the picking exercises to a drum machine (I couldn't help laughing at that.) I'm not looking forward to injuring my fingers a bit (especially my pinky which has to stretch up and down the 4th fret) but it will so be worth it.

And I have Band-Aids, anyways.