Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Oh Hell I Am Drunk

When I was dating my last boyfriend, I thought it couldn't get much better than what I had. He was like my best friend, and he was so funny, and possessed with a considerable light and spirit within. We talked of stupid stuff for hours on end. He made me laugh, and I could not imagine my life without him. Some part of me knew we wouldn't always be together, but somehow I believed our friendship would always last.

When he turned out not to be the guy I thought he was, I was devastated, mainly cause I felt that I could never meet anyone like that ever again. He was a truly unique individual.

I've been really lucky this year to meet someone who reminds me of all the good qualities that my ex had. And it may be a gift from God that I can't do anything about this, as he is really into his girlfriend, his girlfriend is really cool and they have been together for a long time.

But it's like I feel I have been given a second chance with my ex almost, by being able to be friends with this guy, if that makes any sense. He's a very kind, supportive, sweet, open minded, non-judgmental guy. And I now have more faith that the first guy may not be all that unique then after all if this one almost duplicates him perfectly.

So if he isn't all that unique, I really hope that sometime soon I can meet another guy like him, and if I ever get that chance, I hope I can be as cool of a girlfriend to this guy as my friend's girlfriend is to him now.