Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, December 04, 2005

You Have To See This With Your Own Eyes!

I forget where I stumbled upon this....oh yeah. http://popwatch.ew.com. This is a series of bad movies but pretty funny movies called "Yacht Rock." I guess yacht rock is for those rich people in the 1980s who liked to sail on yachts and try their hardest to look like Don Johnson.

What I love about these vidoes is the fact that none of these guys are really even trying to look like Hall and Oates or Kenny Loggins or Michael McDonald. And the talk about everything being smooth, well I am a music fan first and foremost, so even if this kind of music pretty much represents everything I hate about corporate rock (Yeah Yeah I can't hear you cause I got the Joshua Tree turned up nice and loud on my iPod!) it's still pretty entertaining.