Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tough Decisions

I am lucky enough to recoup some of the money spent on the return flight of an open round trip ticket to Korea from Hong Kong. Now the question is, with whatever money amount I get, where should I go in May? I'm thinking of going home, but home for me can mean many different things:

  • Boston: Stay in a hostel and reacquaint myself with the old neighborhood.
  • Manchester NH: close to Boston, home to my grandparents and a long-time friend of mine.
  • Atlanta GA: where my dad is currently living. Kind of. Never been there, he's my immediate family, and I would like to think I could spend quality time with my dad and get to know him more as a person, work out some stuff maybe.
  • Southern California: where I have a good friend whom I would really like to see, the weather would be great, and it would be the shortest flight by like 10 hours of all of them.

By the way for those of you reading this, whose hometowns I mentioned here, of course I would ask first to stay with you before booking anything!

I'm just kind of worried about my dad, as I told him of my April plan via email maybe a week ago, and I have yet to hear from him at all. I mean wow -- the prodigal daughter expresses the wish that she wants to come home to her dad and what comes back sounds like the chirping of crickets.