Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Birthday Party Recap

Not mine. My friend Mark's. We had a pretty good time, I think. At least I did. We started off at the Union Bar and Grill and I ate some pretty good ravioli, which was served with some dried onion strips on top. Since I planned to be not kissing anyone that evening, I ate them. It was a pretty different way to serve pasta, but definitely not too bad.

My friend's boyfriend also asked me just "What do I think?" and as I don't hang on to his every word, I had no idea that he was talking about his haircut, and he got a bit miffed. Hey, where was he when I got my hair colored or chopped? All right then!

So we then went to Bar George, where Mark, being the "birthday ho" had to complete all these dares, much like I did way back in October. And he completed them all, from walking around with a strip of toilet paper tucked down the back of his pants, to asking a group of guys where he could go to pick up some men (and maybe lucky for him, he managed to subliminally use his gaydar and asked a group of gay men this question.)

After Bar George, we went to Wanchai, where at Venue, some silly cow in her stiletto heels stepped on my foot. I woke up this morning, and in the shower, as I was looking at my feet and noticing how my Thailand tan was still there, realized that some squarish blue mark right under one of my toes hadn't been there before. Thankfully it doesn't hurt too much.

Cow.

Then the highlight of my evening, karaoke. We went to this place which, unlike the places in Korea I had been to, has a library of childrens' songs available to sing. So at one point there was "Sixteen Going On Seventeen" and "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." I wound up singing two on my own, "Vertigo" which I think I did a pretty good job of, if I do say so myself, and "American Idiot," just cause I like that song quite a bit, and the message of the song, though I can not say I am 100 percent familiar with that song.

Anyways, I went to bed at 5 a.m., and I'm just really tired now, after a meal of McDonald's and Panadol to set me right. The stupid thing is I have to work today in about 90 minutes, some silly face painting thing for our school. I think I'm seriously considering going back home after my contract is up, but the reasons why are for another post later.