Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Friday, February 03, 2006

Damn Oprah

I borrowed a friend's Oprah magazine (shut up!) and in it was an article about how single women need to stop asking themselves "Why am I still single, what's wrong with me?" because those sort of questions lead to panic which leads to a guy who you don't really want to be with.

So what happens when you are sure of the kind of guy you want to be with but he is unavailable, either cause he is with someone else now or he is just not physically in your life yet? I'm trying to be a good friend to all my friends and do what makes me happy, but it's hard. I wish I had a crystal ball. I want that chance to prove to myself that I have grown as a person in the last year or so, that I can take care of myself as a person, that I won't take up liking cricket or trying to wrap my head around having a casual relationship when I know that isn't me. I want the chance to prove I will not lose my mind around a guy, but maybe I'm also hoping to meet someone soon where I have to keep reminding myself of that promise.