Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Monday, February 13, 2006

It's Done

I sent the letter to my dad today, so we'll just have to see what happens with it.

I had a really nice talk with a friend of mine who was really supportive of the whole thing and listened to me when I told him about how sad I was when I got the letter from my dad and then helpfully told me of his mother who also has issues with other races. He even revealed to me that he had kind of thought that way in the past as well, until he left his home country to go travel and saw the world.

I don't know...I guess even thoigh I almost expect my friends to have pretty much the same views as me, at least when it comes to being prejudiced or not, of course, I really appreciate hearing from someone else how similar their family situation is to mine and how they deal with it. I guess I have come to expect that generally speaking, liberal-minded parents produce liberal-minded children and the opposite is true with conservatives and there I was, a pretty open-minded individual (if I do say so myself) coming from a father who seems very narrow-minded.