Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Monday, February 06, 2006

My Latest Creative Burst...

Much like every other hobby I have had in my life, this will be over soon, but I have recently discovered this room I have in my house called a kitchen and these things in my kitchen called pots and pans, and I have decided to attempt cooking.

Nothing too elaborate, though. Not yet anyways. I'm trying to build up to that point. I saw this really good chocolate chip cookie recipe that has oatmeal in it (and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are the best in the world; healthy somewhat, but not really. Healthy enough to pretend I'm eating something good for me, never mind the chocolate.) which I would like to try, and recently at the local grocery store I have discovered the "foreign food" section.

I bought:
  • pesto (god bless the little basil leaf!)
  • turkey slices
  • whole wheat multi-grain bread
  • spaghetti
  • fusili (cause pesto and spaghetti is not good enough for me)
  • tomato sauce for the spaghetti
  • Garlic in its own mill (to jazz up bought spaghetti sauce)
  • Italian seasonings (for the same reason)
  • Parmesan cheese (yes, in the green can, but whatever!)
  • Chicken breasts (this should be interesting. Rarely if ever do I prepare my own meat to cook and eat!)
  • Chicken Tonight sauce in Spanish Chicken flavor
  • Boil in bag rice (ostensibly to go with chicken)
  • Soup (lentil and minestrone varieties probably to go with sandwich stuff)
  • Aero Bar (in Mint flavor cause those are damn good)

I suppose if the chicken experiment goes well there'll be more of the same. I guess I'm just tired of eating out and even though I wish the powers that be made food portion sizes for people who only cook for themselves (for example, one can of Manwich sloppy Joe mix serves 8. Hmph!) I'll just have to roll with the punches and see what becomes of this. Maybe this will actually inspire me to have people over for dinner sometime. Whatever the case at least it's not chicken nuggets or frozen pizza this time around.