Pulled In Many Directions

Not-so-daily rambings about my life and my thoughts

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Recap of This Morning...

I had this very nice post about how I was feeling all set to post this morning, and then the damn Blogger server was flaking out, and I didn't even get a chance to save my post.

So, in short, even though I love the kids I teach, and one was even nice enough to make a bracelet with my name on it for me, I am really starting to feel I better find some inspiration to last me through the next year and pronto. I bet anything my friends think I am lazy, or conceited (when it comes to work anyways) but I'm just not feeling inspired in my work. I teach an under 2 year old who is really cute and imitates a chicken (!!) on command, but I can't relate to any of this. I'm not someone who wants to sing kids songs all the time, though I like singing when I listen to my iPod. I just don't feel anything passionate about it, and while some people can survive this way off their paychecks, I really wish I could find a job I felt excited about day after day.

I'm still thinking of getting my CELTA and think if it doesn;t pan out, if I feel I can't even stomach teaching after learning how to be a teacher, I think I can be confident enough to chalk it up to another thing that is not for me and move on. I just wish I could find that one thing I feel at home with, that I can use as a job skill, and soon.